Bankruptcy & Insolvency
We have great experience and can help in many insolvency related matters including:
- Deeds of Company Arrangement;
- Insolvency Actions for Trustees and Liquidators;
- Acting for creditors in defending preference payment claims by Trustees and Liquidators;
- Recovery of debts via insolvency and bankruptcy processes; and
- Reconstruction and personal insolvency arrangements.
Under Part IX of the Bankruptcy Act proposals can be made for personal debt agreements that allow an individual to propose a formal plan to creditors, through a binding agreement.
Similarly Part X of the Act allows for debt agreements for certain individuals with lower levels of debt in circumstances that still offer a formal arrangement with creditors to avoid bankruptcy. We can help clients in financial difficulty to seek alternatives to bankruptcy.
In addition to advising corporate and individual clients with reconstruction and insolvency matters, we act for creditors and trustees and have experience in conducting matters on behalf of trustees and liquidators, including actions for voidable transactions, examinations and applications for leave of the Court for remuneration and distribution of surplus funds
[contact-form-7 id="130" title="Contact form 1"]